Because church splits, fights, and bickering are far too common in churches today, we, as Christian women must do all we can to help keep unity in our churches. Most of the time, people get upset over the way things are done, not why they are done. If your church is experiencing disunity, here are some practical suggestions to help you keep unity in your church.
• Before coming to services or meetings, bathe meetings fervently in prayer. The more you focus on prayer and keeping an intimate relationship with Jesus and His Word, the more you will be able to bring unity to your church. Psalms 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
• Many times people jump to conclusions because they have limited facts; make sure you know all the facts. Proverbs 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
• When talking with other members, focus on solutions and not on other people. Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
• Never compare your church or her leaders to other churches and their leaders. 2 Corinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
• If your church leaders are not corrupt, stand up for them. When you criticize your leaders, you tear down the unity in your church. Hebrews 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls…
• Focus on furthering the cause of Christ and not on furthering your own desires. When everyone in the church wants to see the cause of Christ go forward, the more church will be unified. Psalms 40:16 Let all those that seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified.