2019 is a new year. As teachers, it’s important to shepherd the students you have in your classes. Let’s do our very best this year to keep in contact with visitors and those who attend every week.
Here are a few suggestions to help you shepherd your students.
1. Send them birthday, friendship, and encouragement cards.
2. Visit their school programs.
3. Take their pictures and post them in classroom.
4. Take them on visitation with you.
5. Have a birthday party once a month and celebrate the ones who have a birthday that month. Parties can be at church, at home, or at pizza parlor.
6. Help students MEMORIZE Scriptures. Reward them for their achievements and announce their achievements in services.
8. Call them each week just to keep in touch with them.
9. Ask them to help straighten up your class area before and/or after class; reward them for their efforts.
10. Remember Time = LOVE.
11. Take one at a time to McDonalds to get to know about him and his interests.
12. Let the achievers decorate your class room as a reward/incentive.
Sunday School teachers have the opportunity to be the GREATEST INFLUENCE in a child’s life outside of their own parents. Remember you can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.