When my children were small, I remember continually thinking, “What will my children think of me when they are twenty, thirty, or even forty years old?” I wanted to create memories for them that would last throughout their lifetime.
Mother, what kind of memories are you creating for your children. Will they remember the times that you?
- Knelt beside their beds and prayed with them
- Took them on walks and talked to them about God’s wonderful creation
- Memorized Scripture with them
- Shared with them about God’s wonderful provisions and sovereignty
- Hosted missionaries in your home
- Read Bible stories and fun stories aloud to them
- Listened to godly music while traveling and doing errands
It is so sad that some mothers are creating bad memories for their children. Will they remember the times that you?
- Sat in front of the television and watched immoral programs
- Yelled and fought with their fathers
- Told them how stupid they were when they were just being children
- Constantly criticized them
- Became so involved with your own pleasures and hobbies that you did not have time to love and to nurture them
- Listened to music about sex and immorality
Mothers, your children will remember! You are creating memories. Make sure that that those memories are good ones.