2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Someone said that discouragement is a darkroom where the negatives of fear and failure are developed. It is such a blessing to be around encouragers. What are some things I could do to be an encourager?
• I could think of what encourages me and do those same things for others.
• I could learn the love language of others and encourage through words of affirmation, spending quality time, giving a gift, doing an act of service or givng a physical touch?
• When I have an encouraging thought about someone, I could write him a note or text and share that thought with him immediately.
• I could offer specific help When someone is discouraged or hurting.
• I could help another person celebrate his victory by sending a note, offering to take him for a cup of coffee, inviting him over for special meal, or sending a text or email.
• I could be more specific when I offering words of praise; “You did a great job at…” “I really appreciate that you…” “I was really impressed that you…”
• I could use encouragement as an outreach by writing notes to thank those people who give me good service.
• I could tell others how they’ve encouraged me!