1. Ask God to show you areas in your life where you have been prideful. (Psalm 139:23-24)
2. As God shows you areas, confess your pride to God and ask for His forgiveness. (1 John 1:9).
3. Avoid asking God to humble you– His Word tells us we should humble ourselves. (1 Peter 5:6).
4. Ask God to give you a holy hatred for pride, and what it produces in your life. (Proverbs 8:13)
5. Ask God to give you a desire not to take credit for things you do. (Matthew 6:3)
6. Ask God to show you ways you can serve others. (Philippians 2:4)
7. Think more about God and less about yourself. Do this by regularly studying about the goodness and greatness of God. (Psalm 71:19)
9. Promote God’s reputation and not your own. Find satisfaction in Him and not in your own accomplishments. (Psalm 10:4)
10. Our war against pride is never over…always put pride to death and put on humility. (Proverbs 15:33)