1. Ask God to show us areas in our lives where we might have been prideful. (Psalm 139:23-24)
2. As God shows us those areas, we should confess our pride to God and ask for His forgiveness. (1 John 1:9).
3. We don’t need to ask God to humble us– His Word tells us that we should humble ourselves. (1 Peter 5:6).
4. Ask God to give you a holy hatred for pride and its fruits in your life. Be continually on the alert. (Proverbs 8:13)
5. Ask God to give us a desire not to take credit for things we do. (Matthew 6:3)
6. Ask God to show us ways we can serve others…no matter their station in life. (Philippians 2:4)
7. Think more about God and less about ourselves. We can do this by regularly studying about the goodness and greatness of God.
9. Live to promote the reputation of God and not our own. We must find our satisfaction in Him and not in our vain accomplishments. (Psalm 10:4)
10. Since our war against pride is never over, we must constantly put our pride to death and put on humility. (Proverbs 15:33)