When I accepted Christ as my Savior, He ordered my steps and set me on a journey through life. His desire was to keep me moving and to bring me closer to His eternal heart. The most amazing part of my journey is that He goes with me each step of the way. I came across this poem in my files, and it once again reminded me of the importance of staying close to my Guide and His Guidebook on my journey.
May you feel His presence today as you journey toward home (heaven).
The Father spoke, “Come, child, let us journey together.” “Where shall we go, Father?” “To a distant land, another Kingdom.” “So will the journey be long?” “Yes, we must travel every day.” “When will we reach our journey?” “At the end of your days.” “And who will accompany us?” “Joy and Sorrow.” “Must sorrow travel with us?” “Yes, she is necessary to keep you close to me.” “But I only want Joy.” “It is only with Sorrow that you will know true Joy.” “What must I bring?” “A willing heart to follow Me.” “What shall I do on the journey?” “There is only one thing you must do— “Stay close to Me. Let nothing distract you. Always keep your eyes on Me.” “And what shall I see?” “You will see My glory.” “And what will I know?” “You will know My heart.”
The Father stretched out His hand. The child, knowing the great love her Father had for her, placed her hand in His, and she began her journey.
Things I Must Remember on My Journey
• I must begin each day’s journey with a daily commitment to travel toward the heart of God. Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
• Although some of the days on my journey will be discouraging, I must draw near to Him. Psalms 73:28 But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works.
• I must follow His paths of mercy and truth. Psalms 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
• I must lay down all my emotional burdens, release old hurts, and learn to travel light.
• I must not get angry with my traveling companions of Joy and Sorrow. James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
• I must constantly check with my Guide and follow my Guidebook. Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.